Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Drag me to the temple


Today we drove 2 hours to visit the open house of the new Gilbert temple. Sharon wanted to go, but I wasn't too excited about it. It would mean giving up a day studying, I thought the kids would be too young to really appreciate it, and I wasn't sure what the point of an open house for us was when we can go inside any temple whenever we want. Grandma wanted to go too, and she tipped the scales for us going.

I'm glad we went! The temple was more beautiful than any other temple I had ever seen. It was very nice to see master craftsmanship that was just recently completed, with beautiful new paintings, stain glass, and so forth. It made me want to just stay there and hang out. It made me more excited about temples. The kids loved it, too. I guess kids like pretty much anything you make a big deal about, and it's a good thing we made a big deal about going to the temple. That's important and I think it will rub off on them one way or another. I'm glad Sharon wanted to go to this and helped drag me there.

1 comment:

  1. The stained glass looks amazing! I have to tell you one time I took Traci to the temple after building it up as awesome and she cried when she couldn't go in. Oops. Guess I forgot to explain that part. So glad your kids got to see it and go inside. Super cool for them!

    ReplyDelete