Saturday, March 1, 2014

A wonderful trip




Today we got back from our trip. I wrote the past week of posts before we left on our trip, thinking we would go on our cruise. It turned out that fog delayed a day of our cruise, making us miss one of our ports. Sharon and I both decided that if we went on the cruise anyway, we would probably be party poopers, always thinking about not getting to go see the ruins on the Yucatan. Knowing this about ourselves, we got a refund on the cruise and made a last minute trip to New Orleans.

It was a wonderful, wonderful trip. The spontaneity of it alone was fun, and being able to explore a new place together and learn about a culture rather foreign to both of us was a blast. By serendipity we caught the head of Mardi Gras season and saw some wonderful parades. That was something that I never planned on doing, and realistically we will never do it again. Best of all, of course, was getting to do it all with just me and Sharon. Four full days of alone time without the kids was a marvelous, liberating, refreshing thing. We are so grateful to Mom for making it happen!!

We are more in love than ever, and we had a lot of fun together on this trip. I like this picture of Sharon after the parades. Whenever I do something fun, I always wish I could share it in some way with Sharon. The parades were fun, but because of Sharon they were a blast. She was enthusiastic and having the time of her life, and I felt lucky to be with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment